Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Kitschen Table: "Kitschen"

The weekend was mostly spent bitchin' and pitchin' as we are still trying to get our over loaded house on de market! Another load of crap hit the curb on Thursday night. It was hard to dump the blonde tv cabinet that I grabbed from the curb myself about 12 years ago but it had a little mildew problem and c'mon....12 years is a long time to stash it....ditto for the veneer peeling deco stool that smelled just a liitle too moldy and a funky chair that I never even liked. I think we are now a regular stop for my fellow garbage pickers. There "is a certain symetry to that" [ala Big Chill dialogue] I have found the coolest stuff that I had almost forgotten that I had stashed....vintage purses...one box purse with decoupaged mushrooms from the 70's...an awesome bracelet[ a weakness] with fake coral beads, a
cache of vintage tins. And I scored 8 circa 1940 and 1960 art magazines at our library's sale shelf. $.25 each!! Its ok...a little junk can come in as long as alot goes out!

No comments: