Friday, August 15, 2008

Today must be "Annual Animal Fun Day"....Heard a strange howling outside the door this morning, openned door to check on Snowy Kittie....she flew into the house...and too late I realized that she had a huge chipmunk in her mouth. I flew at her, knocked down a beautiful jade colored moderntone cream soup bowl...smash all over the floor, followed by me, smash all over the floor. Three cats and 5 hours later one cut and a nice bruise later, no chipmunk. It disappeared into the maze of junk in the basement. These crazy cats better start to earn their keep. Spoiled rotten they are!! Drop my youngest at a friend's house, where there is much commotion about a found dog. The afternoon was full of phone calls and dog walks, animal control and found dog signs...and then....success..."Gilligan" was returned home full of dog treats with his quota of pets for the month full up. Cut to the garden center where there was a rack of poor free annuals outside the gate that I just simply could not leave behind, so I filled the trunk to overflowing. Inside I bought tons of lavender plants on clearance to make my ever dreamed about lavender walk and patch. Saturday will be a big gardening day around here. I want to get them in as soon as possible to allow for a good amount of growth before...gulp....winter. Hopefully, a lavender walk will grace our yard next spring.Green thumbs and fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chipmunks are cute and all that... but not in the basement. Hope the kitty patrol do their duty.