Friday, October 06, 2006

Suddenly It Hit Me!

Well, got through the open house and despite the understocked refreshment stand, I gotta say, it was pretty cool. It really does seem to be a fantastic school. My oldest, Hadley, is a pretty smart cookie...honors classes etc... Teacher after teacher went on about how teaching her class is the highlight of their day because the kids are so motivated and into it. I guess that's bad news, tho, for the rest of our less gifted children who must be, if the theory holds true, well, lets just say, more like a low light?

And, forgive me, but when did the parents get soooooo old? I felt like I was in class with MY parents. OOOOWWWWWW! A little wake up call there!

But turns out I would have been better off playing hooky cuz after the 5 minute hike off campus to find my junky mini van [that I love cuz another scratch don't mean a thing and I can get a huge honkin load of good junk in the back] I pulled into the line of brand spankin new SUVs to wait my turn at the light and.........BAM!!!!! Mr. enormous SUV slammed into my little mini van. Pull over, check damage [none!] and he, embarrassed and concerned, me self deprecating and understanding... inside my van trashed cuz all my latest junk acquisitions thrown around the back[ which little girl left an open can of diet coke in the back????] Turns out that his SUV sits up so high that only his license plate hit our boat hitch! Exchange numbers, he apologizes and says his fault...I am again understanding...go home and my neck and back feel weird...husband a little bit pissed about the guy hitting me ['always the fault of he who hits from behind'] a couple glasses of wine and bed. And today my back is hosed!

Could be the fender bender or maybe just the utter nonsense of me and other mid aged parents having to squeeze into school desks for 2 1/2 hours!

1 comment:

Teri M. said...

Oh no! And even a little tap can be disconcerting. Hope your neck and back feel better soon.