Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tween World

My daughter Maggie and I are leaving to pick up her best friend in an hour. She is decked out in nail polish, gauchoes, an animal print blouse and hair tie..and new Esprit embroidered boots. She is so excited she can barely stand still. She is going to her first concert....THE CHEETAH GIRLS !!!!!![this is where you are supposed to experience high pitched screaming, room rocking jumping, and perhaps a swoon or two!]

The change from little girl to tween has been sneaking up on us for a while, but it has really hit its stride lately. Piles of tried- on- yet- discarded clothes appear on her room floor mysteriously every day. The cd player is in full swing, hairbrush at the ready as an impromtu microphone. I am not allowed to laugh too loudly in publc...or hug her too tightly or do any of a growing number of horrible embarrassing things that I apparently do all the time.

She just yelled out that we are leaving in 45 minutes!!!! I have just enough time to change, grab the camera AND the Tylenol.

2 comments:

sc@vp said...

the Cheetahs?!

heaven preserve us!

(and me until after my kids are married.)

Teri M. said...

Oh crap... my tween's first concert (well, actually it was Marc Cohn and Suzanne Vega, but besides that) was Good Charlotte. Will this tight feeling in my chest that signals the onset of anxiety ever go away??