Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Kitschen Table
Had the bet day! Maggie and I went for breakfast before school. We went for a bagel...she chose a table outside. We watched all the people on their way to work...some just walking their dogs or getting some exercise. After we ate, we walked down to the canal. The path was lined with ducks resting. Maggie jumped off a stone wall and they flew up en masse and landed in the canal.She got a surprised look and then laughed. Suddenly, as we were investigating the construction of a small veteran's memorial at the canal, the sky openned up and it began to POUR! Across the canal, joggers and fast walkers hid under trees {to no avail} We put up our sweatshirt hoods and dodged raindrops under the trees. We got pretty wet but laughed all the way. Drove Mags to school, where she told me "I have fun with you Mom." I am the luckiest girl, aren't I?

2 comments:

meridith said...

thanks for stopping by!

Teri M. said...

Sounds like a fabulous morning. :)